Saturday, October 20, 2012

Home is where your crafts are!

Saturday night, lounging on the couch, cruising on pinterest, and a craft idea is born. Recently I moved into a new home with my significant other person so the home decor crafting has been revisited (aggressively revisited I should add). I just want the new house to be puuuurr-fectly sweet and unique. Now I can look around my living room and see a dozen homemade, one of a kind, Salamander creations, but that is just not good enough. I want the WHOLE house to be a pinterest favorite! (Crazy I know, but I just can't stop!).

Now I have already drilled and hammered enough new holes in the house that it could be confused with swiss cheese on halloween, so this craft had to be power tool free. So what to make? What does THIS house need that will be special? The address? How about the state (been there done that)? I've got it...I will pin point the house on EARTH!(Get it, I was on Pinterest and I want to pin my location...silly me!)

Note: The original craft photo was removed
 for privacy purposes..oops!
Voila! Latitude and longitude! Honestly, how much more unique can you be? (Want to know your earthly location...click here!)


Now how to display my new found locale? I could wood burn it, but I am always looking for a new medium to express my creative self so I would need to find something else...but what? Well ask and you shall receive. Living in a construction zone (aka my house) you only need to look around to find your next inspiration...blank white tiles + sharpies + an oven = sweet unique craftiness! Now I simply wrote my message (when I messed up, I used an alcohol wipe to start fresh!) and baked it in the oven at 350 degrees for a half an hour! Permanent creation complete.
More tile crafts!




Remember: Eat, Craft and find your home!


Attack BeauBeau


          


*Note: The location on this project is only an example of a craft. The exact location is a private residence complete with attack golden retrievers. Beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment