Thursday, September 6, 2012

"A month of crafting"

"Here comes the sun"
Being a part of the real world is proving to be much more time consuming that originally planned. I thought that I would be able to have a full time job, while still continuing my previous unemployed life style...I was wrong. It turns out that some things had to be put on hold (blogging was numero uno, crafting numero dos). Well now that I have had an entire week off of work, thanks to a mysterious viral infection ( probably mononucleosis, AGAIN!) I have had the ability/time to return to the arts (and crafts) and to my beloved baby blog!!

Recently I have completed several crafts:

1)A friends wedding gift (no, I didn't really make her a wine cork trivet, that was a mere tactic of mine)

2)Salt Dough Ornaments

3) A wooden painted sign.

 4) Nephew's First Birthday Gift

Coonie's footprint Ornament
Now the question is, which one do I discuss? The wedding gift was a wood burned sign that was stained (I think we have discussed this before) and then tortured with a screw gun to make a hanging apparatus. The salt dough ornaments can wait till another time (closer to Christmas maybe?), and the birthday gift is pretty childish( get it? its for a one year old!), but the wooden sign is also something we have previously embarked on an adventure with. Hmmm...what to do, what to do?
Wedding gift before stain


Decision made. I will provide my ever patient audience with visions of all of these marvelous crafts. Referrals to previous posts for possible instructions or required supplies while be more than encouraged.

Eat, Craft, and Be Happy :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment