Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter Tree for You and Me!

Resume Blogging...Now:

In an effort to jazz up the hospital unit that I work on, I have volunteered to join the morale committee (not really even knowing what it was). Apparently in the past the morale committee (being comprised of one person, not much of a committee really) plans events for all the nurses to attend (BBQs and tupperware parties and such). Well since I am new to this (and would never host a tupperware party in my life) and since we are all working so hard, finding time outside of work just doesn't seem feasible at the moment. So being the crafty human I am, I have decided to bring the joy of crafts to the unit!! Hooray for boosting morale!

This all started when I was creating Easter Decorations. I created a couple fun egg wreath for family and realized I had a dozen (or so) left over plastic eggs. Hmm...what to make, what to make? I set off for my craft room to search for some supplies and ideas and VOILA! How about an Easter Egg Tree!
 I used a Styrofoam cone, plastic Easter eggs, a hot glue gun (obviously), and some Easter basket filler. 
Now simply apply the eggs, make it pretty, place it on a table and you have yourself a homemade Easter Tree. 

Now what do you do after Easter? Well I will tell you: You make a NEW CRAFT!!!! 

Back to my craft room I went in search of supplies and a new and exciting idea. Well what I found was not necessarily new (I made another wreath), but the technique was new to me. I remember seeing this type of wreath in a Martha Stewart Magazine years ago and thought it would look neat but I never had a place or purpose for it (Morale committee it is!).  I started by making an entire mess of ribbon on my coffee table and then just started tying the ribbons on the styrofoam ring. Even after the entire wreath was covered, I made sure to go back through and add even more ribbons to get the full effect (then I added a few more!). The initials of the floor I work on were added using (what else but) hot glue and there ya go. A quick and easy craft that can spruce up even a medical unit. Plus it was a great use for all of those spools of ribbon sitting around in a drawer (I got to start making room for new items!). 
One of a kind decorations brought to you by Salamander. You are welcome!

Eat, Craft, and Decorate!


No comments:

Post a Comment