Thursday, April 26, 2012

802, 978, 508, 207? Wrong! It's the 603!


Finished state
In the previous post I created a wall hanging of New Hampshire using bottle caps that I had collected. Since I had deviated from the original plan of 'how to apply the caps' it took longer than expected for the adhesive to dry. In the mean time I had a million ideas of what I was going to add to this craft (I might be a little manic with my thinking). I wanted to somehow add an ode to Vermont along the border (originally I was going to use all Long Trail caps on that edge) but then I would have to do something for Maine and Massachusetts (I felt bad that they would be left out). What could I add to the board for all three states? Area Codes?(VT only has 802 and Maine is 207 but MA has like 10 different ones, lame!) So that idea was rejected.

603 Stencil placement 
With the other states forgotten from the plan the focus was back on the Granite State. So what to add now? I can not just leave it with the caps in the shape of a state? Can I? NO, I CAN NOT! The project was not complete, it needed more(it was probably fine but I had to continue!). I then messed around with the idea of stenciling 'New Hampshire' down the Maine side but it looked off balance. So maybe '603' in Vermont territory and 'New Hampshire' in Maine. Now it was too much. Woe is me.

Finished project!
So after some discussions with my dog Beau on whether or not to add anything to the sign (He didn't really have much to say) I decided on just adding '603'. (It's hard to believe that I could have this much to say over one simple addition to the sign, but there is more!) The color now had to be decided. After a very small discussion with Jason (one text) the color was decided on as BLACK. And just like that the sign was complete. You are welcome. :-)


Eat, Craft, and Be from the 603!

No comments:

Post a Comment