Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Breakfast surprise!


Acorns are more fun than circles
As I set about the task of creating breakfast this morning I was feeling a little ho-hum. I usually make a simple egg and cheese breakfast sandwich on toast. Apparently you can only eat this a million times before you get extremely sick of it and bored. I tried changing the toast, using cinnamon raisin English muffins, different cheeses, but it was all the same. DING! My brain had an idea. Today I would make a 'surprise egg'!! (Note: Food can always be crafty in my world)

Hmmm....what is a surprise egg? A surprise egg is only the coolest and most fun way to eat fried eggs. Some may call it by a different name (I have heard a reference to something about a hen and a basket? or something like that), but my mom always called it a surprise egg so there ya go.

Just yummy!
Now forever I always used a cup to cut out the middle of the bread but I was feeling a little sassy so I used an acorn cookie cutter (twas more pleasing on the eye than a plain circle I think). Butter the bread and the cut out shape and set on skillet. Crack egg into middle section. Flip when you think appropriate (FYI:the point is to have an over easy egg). Once you have cooked your deliciousness, use your grilled little acorn to dip into the yoke!
SURPRISE! 

Eat, Craft, and be Surprised!

1 comment:

  1. Add a slice of cheese on the top when it is almost done and its even yummier!! :)

    ReplyDelete