Friday, March 2, 2012

Unwrapped: Adventures with Mystery Cookies

A friend of mine once told me that I should not commit to making a baking day on the blog because it was too big of a commitment for me...he was right. So instead whenever I bake, that is when I will post. Simple solution :) Begin baking brookies blog now. 


Brookies might not be the exact right term (brownie+cookies= brookies, get it!) for what I am creating but I think it is a cute name so that is what I will call them (others might be upset by this, tough!). What I am actually attempting to make is a brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookie.  I had the pleasure of once eating these magical concoctions when I was moving out of my apartment in Burlington (what a sad day). A friend (Shout out to Bob George) brought them over as motivation and we fell in love with them. Mostly we were amazed at how they were made, we just could not figure out how on this awesome earth the brownie got inside. It was a mystery to us (two college grads, can  you believe it?). Now years later I have seen the light. Pinterest, you sassy minx, you have given me the key to the mystery. (This is where I got the idea, but I did not use these recipes, just the technique).

Note: Never crack your eggs directly into your mix,
you never know what's in there! Baby chickens!
Since I don't have all day to spend making things from scratch as I usually would, I am cheating a bit and using prepared mixes for both the brownies and the chocolate chip cookies (don't judge me). I did sass up the cookie mix by adding vanilla extract (my mother's secret) and more chocolate chips though. So mix up both batters and cook the brownies while the cookie mix chills. Technically I should have cooked the brownies earlier and let them cool, but being the inpatient manic person I am, I will use them hot! I am so daring!
I made a top and bottom part to the
 cookie to surround the brownie

Now cut up the brownies into 1inch squares, and smother them in cookie batter. These are probably going to be some of the biggest cookies you ever make. Now bake them as you would your normal cookies, but make sure to give them plenty of room to spread out since the brownie will sort of melt in the middle (I know just thinking about it makes me hungry!) Now let cool and enjoy!



Eat, Craft, and Be happy :-)



(Warning: You will eat raw cookie/brownie mix and  sample burnt cookies...sugar overload is a real possibility!)

No comments:

Post a Comment