Monday, March 12, 2012

IRISH you luck!


Completed Project
As previously stated, I have been working on several Saint Patrick's day crafts. My sister is throwing a medium sized get together so we have been collaborating on the decoration needs for the party. One of the many ideas that I came up with will be today's topic of crafty discussion! So I know I have used these white canvas boards in a couple other posts but that is only because I had three of them and I felt that I had to use all of them. Every time I walked into my craft room they were just sitting there begging me to make something amazing out of them (and apparently I have no will power, because use them I have).

Moving on...I love the look of the 'subway' signs (One time I saw it referred to as subway sign, so that has now stuck in my little brain). They are signs that have run on words with a common theme and sometimes have the words going all different directions and in different fonts ( I might be mixing up two different ideas here, oh well!). Anyways, I love the look of them and wanted to make a St. Paddy's themed one.

The beginning phase
Step one: Create a work space (mind you I do have a complete craft room, but I chose to do crafts in the living room on a coffee table, I am weird) complete with all things green, many different lettering techniques, and a bunch of other crafty stuff that you want to play with.

Step two: Come up with some wording or phrases that have to do with your theme. I chose things like 'shamrock', 'pot of gold', 'irish' and a bunch others. I came up with a ton of phrases knowing that I would not use all of them.

Step three: Figure out which words are going to fit where and with which technique you will be writing or applying them.

Step four: Don't be afraid to venture outside of the norm! I spray painted some pennies gold using spray paint (is that an illegal use of currency?). I also created shamrocks out of glitter! Go nuts!
Gold coins!

Step five: When all is said and done, Mod Podge it all! I found that with some mediums, like stamped ink, the mod podge can smudge it so just be careful not to brush it around too much. To cover the glittered shamrocks I just literally goobed the mod podge on without even touching the glitter for fear it would completely be destroyed!
The ending mess and project




IRISH you the best of luck! 

Eat, Craft, and follow the rainbow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment