Friday, February 17, 2012

Go ahead capture the idea!

Awesome Graffiti

Welcome back world! I have successfully ventured into the depths of Texas and came back alive and better for it! There was so much to see and do that I actually didn't do everything planned (job interview...oops, don't be mad mom) but I did take tons of pictures which totally makes up for the fact that I am still unemployed!

Creative Bathroom Signage @ HomeSlice Pizza
So today's lesson in crafts is to enjoy the beauty around you. Take in the sites, find the little antique shops down an alley, listen to a street musician, buy local, and take pictures! You would be amazed at what you can capture with just a digital camera or your phone since ideas for crafts are everywhere, you just have to open your eyes (and turn on your camera!). Now I in no way pretend to be a photographer, but to me it doesn't really matter, because however the picture looks it still captured a moment, a memory, an idea!

Coolest Antique Shop (Uncommon Objects)
Some things I saw were just so uniquely beautiful that I had to capture them. The random graffiti on the side of a cafe was one of those just beautiful things. I loved how the 'so much' was added later by a different person (or at least that is how I want to think of it) with different handwriting. It was just asking to be photographed. Another art related thing I saw was the bathroom signs at Home Slice Pizza. For a pizza place I thought this was just so imaginative and yet so simple that it was hilarious (camera click, idea captured).

DIY Beer Chiller
By far the coolest thing that I saw was at Doc's on South Congress St. My friend and I were all about buying local so as we enjoyed our pitcher of Lone Star (a very classy Texas brewed beverage)in the 70 degree heat our server thought it convenient to offer us a 'pitcher chiller'. So simple, but again I would not have thought of it(probably because the beer doesn't really stand a chance of sitting long enough to heat up!). Regardless it was a fabulous idea. Simply add a bag of ice to pitcher for continued chilling. Amazing!

Local Deliciousness 
You can find a craft idea anywhere. Just open your eyes and after you have sufficiently enjoyed it, capture it so you can then share it with others. Something as simple as adding a bag of ice to a pitcher of beer wouldn't usually warrant a photo op, but now that I have taken that picture, I can share it with all of you ! So that is my rant of the day along with some pictures of my adventures. (Note: food is also an amazing thing to photograph! Check out that burrito!) So go on an adventure, and see what you can find!

 Eat, Craft, and Capture the Moment :-)

1 comment:

  1. So this post, it a little off the purpose of craft-blog, bust I still enjoy it. 500 views here you come . . .

    ReplyDelete