Monday, February 20, 2012

Mason Jar Craft? Yep!

Being the ever crafty person that I am, I recently decided to create my very own pin cushion. I understand that you can buy a tomato-esque looking round ball for like a dollar but that is not good enough for me. I wanted to make my own. Period.

So I set about Pinterest looking for an idea and VOILA mason jar activity. Now I know that there are people that just absolutely adore mason jars and would like to use them for everything under the sun (I am also one of these people) so I thought this would be exciting to post about. I just love mason jars. They are so useful and unique even though they are overflowing peoples cabinets around the world (maybe just the USA, I don't know the geographic spread of the jars). They have the look of just being homey and full of jams made with love and rustic old time fabulousness. I digress.

First of all this is one of the simplest craft activities in the world (again not the entire world, don't be so literal people). It involved a piece of fabric, some fluff, a hot glue gun, scissors, and a mason jar (TA-DA!). Simple cut a square of fabric. Glue one spot to the edge of the mason jar lid (there is a different less permanent way to do with craft that I will discuss later). Now start attaching the fabric in a pleated fashion about half way around the lid. Insert the fluff to the desired level of fluffiness. Continue to attach the fabric until you have glued it all the way on. Done! Now throw some thread spools in the jar and attach your lid for a cute little all in one sewing kit via mason jar.


For a less permanent styled mason jar pin cushion you can simple wrap the fluff and fabric around the inner part of the lid and when pressed into the ring it will secure it. You can also glue it on and therefore getting your fix of using the liquid lava the glue gun creates. Have fun craftettes!


Eat, Craft, and Be happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment