Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pets want in on Superbowl fun too!


1/4' seam 
As the big game approaches I felt the need to get my animals into the spirit (every fan counts!). Being a New Englander, I just happen to have left over Patriots logo material from a previous project which worked out perfecto. My golden retriever Beau is never without his bandannas so I felt it only fitting to make a Pats one for him.
My Pats Fan



Usually I just cut a festive themed bandanna in half diagonally and tie it on but it always (ALWAYS) frays on the ends or loosens up and falls off. Now since I usually just use a dollar bandanna I am not really concerned about them falling apart, but with the sweet New England fabric I became more concerned. Break out the sewing machine!

Added tie strips
When I took out the fabric I had a square that was 27" diagonally which didn't seem that far off from a standard bandanna. So I cut my triangle and got to work. To prevent the edges from fraying I made a simple 1/4" seam along all edges (ta-da!) Now at this stage I could have just tied it on my white-faced boy and been done with it, but I was in the sewing mood so I kept going. I made two 4" long strips and attached them onto either end of the triangle to use as my tying apparatus.

The smaller pieces will make a stronger knot and Beau will be able to be a fan for a longer period of time (I will wash it and keep it for next season!). Now attach your homemade bandanna to your animal and you now have a certified *Patriots fan!

Eat, Craft, and Make your pet a Pats fan!

Beau modeling
*Beau says" I will not condone the use of this pattern for other teams (Just kidding), no but really...woof"

No comments:

Post a Comment