Thursday, February 23, 2012

You know the feeling...

The idea phase, blank canvas
Anyone that knows me well, knows that I am a walking movie quote encyclopedia. I just love quotes, I have spoken about quotes before in my blog so clearly I find them interesting bits of knowledge. The key to a good quote, I think, is being able to relate to it personally. One of my favorite all time quotes comes from a Sex and the City episode in Season 5 (you know the one, the season finally in the Hamptons for Bobby and Bitsy von Muffling's wedding?). The episode ends with one very special quote by Carrie,

"I still get butterflies"


 "Some people are settling down. Some people are settling. And some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies." I just love it!






Done!
Long story small, I wanted to make a craft that had to do with that special feeling of butterflies (there really is nothing better!). Begin craft project now. You will need a white canvas (whatever size you want), a butterfly stamp, different colored inks, Mod Podge, and a black fine point marker (I used a piece of scrapbook quote paper instead of writing for mine). Write in the corner something to do with butterflies (you can even use Carrie's quote!), mine says "I still get butterflies." Stamp some butterflies( remember less is more) on the canvas leaving some awesome intriguing white space! Now Mod Podge swirls over everything to give it a cool texture and that's it! The simplicity is the best part of this project. 

Eat, Craft, and Get butterflies ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment