Saturday, January 28, 2012

Magic Wands...oh yeah

I had to really think about today's post. I was unsure if I truly wanted to expose my inner nerd for all of the internet (OK just my few followers) or if I should establish myself a little more first with more normal crafts but here goes. I have made my decision. We are talking about HARRY POTTER (said like Oprah)! If anyone out there was frantically awaiting the release of the final books and then having to wait for each and every installment of the movies then you would understand how exciting it was to have the final movie come out on DVD. So a party was inevitable, complete with all that is Harry Potter, and yes it was very childish and I can not even believe that I am admitting to it, but I made wands.

So if you are throwing a child's party (because this appears to only be acceptable for children under 10) then go ahead and make some wands. I just used a regular old stick that I found in the woods attached a wine cork using hot glue, then wrapped the cork with some twine for a handle. For the second wand I used a carved wooden parrot that I got in Belize a million years ago for the handle. The more creative you get the cooler the wands will be!! You can also then measure the wands (I think mine were around 14 and a quarter inches) or even have a wand selection ceremony ("The wand chooses the wizard Harry") and there you go. Add some Harry Potter themed foods (Butter Beer,Harry Pot-stickers, Dragon's Breath Dip, Chocolate Frogs), some Hogwarts clip art and you have got a party. The wands are not the best made things or even very creative, but they were a craft project so I had to write about it. No judgement please. 

Eat, Craft ,and Do Magic :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment