Monday, January 23, 2012

Mod Podge Shmodge

Having a little more free time than usual has allowed me to enter a new realm of crafting. Begin 'the all day crafting' adventures now. With that said, I have discovered Mod Podge. Now I have known what Mod Podge was, I just have never used it in my crafts, until today. I love crafts that are messy and create disasters in my crafting zone so when I saw this project I was psyched! I found the idea for this at 'From Chaos comes Happiness' Blog and of course added my own twist and twirls to it.

Supplies
I used a 12x10in canvas board as my base, various scraps of paper( I have TONS of paper), stick on letters, Mod Podge, white paint, and some foam brushes. (These were all pretty basic supplies that I had previous to the adventure). Go!

Using a 'decoupage' format, I ripped the various pieces of paper and Mod Podged them to the board in a random-esque style. Let it dry.( I am way to impatient and started the next step before anything was dry...it still works)

Decoupage the board
Then I decided on the words that I wanted my board to say, "Just Breathe". This is my newest mantra since I tend to freak out over little things so...Just breathe! Stick the letters onto your completely dried and fabulous looking board of randomness and then PAINT EVERYTHING white. Allow to dry (or again in my case just go for it) and then peel the letters off, reveling your colorful fun underneath!
Final Creation


Finally just scratch away some of the paint reveling a hint of color and to give it a snazzy rough quality. Then add some left over scraps of paper and you did it!! You can also add some other three dimensional accents( buttons, jewels, flowers, string) or outline the words in black or even write over the white to add some flair. Whatever you want to do, it is your craft!!

NOTE: This is a messy project! Be prepared to have your work space overflow a table onto the floor, couch, kitchen sink..you get the idea! You have been warned!
Eat, Craft and Be Happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment