Saturday, January 21, 2012

I shall call you Calamari!

Mesmerizing stripes!
Now that I have officially taken my nursing boards I can devout lots of my idol time to my blog. This morning while I was wandering aimlessly around my home thinking about my beloved new baby blog, I saw a pile of yarn and decided that knitting would be my topic yet again. "Knitting?" you say, "Again?" Yes, but not just any old knitting, stuffed animal knitting!
Calamari :-)


I have grown quite fond of creating gifts, as I have mentioned previously, but what do you make a 3 month old beautiful baby boy (my godson in this case)? A stuffed octopus, DUH! I originally set out searching Lion Brand Yarn's website for a free stuffed animal pattern and out of all of the patterns I perused (probably hundreds, no joke), I decided that my godson would have a one of a kind octopus! What small child has an octopus stuffed animal? It was just random enough, but still could be a lovable creature in years to come. So I found the pattern * and then I had to decided on a yarn. 



Like most knitters I have an entire large tupperware container filled with various types, and colors of yarn, and I only plan on adding to that pile. (Sometimes you just HAVE to buy yarn when it is on sale, it is a rule!) After some digging and sorting I decided that a solid color just wouldn't be good enough. I choose a multicolored Peppermint sock yarn (one time I heard someone refer to yarn that makes strips as sock yarn, I don't know) that had greens, whites, and pinkish colors in it. Then VOILA I created an eight legged, striped, octopus stuffed animal who I named Calamari. (Yes I know calamari is squid, work with me people!) Now go make your own animal of joy!

*Note: I actually attempted to follow this pattern all the way up to the point of creating eight legs. They are all different lengths and widths because I honestly just wanted to get them over with. The end.

Eat, Craft, and Be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment