Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Burn Baby Burn

Now that I have begun my blogging adventure (which I am doing instead of studying for my nursing boards that I take in 3 days!eekk!) I can share with you some of my work. I will start with some of my wood burned creations because they tend to be some of my favorite things and I like them. 


Lachance Wedding Gift 2010

Mostly all of the crafts that I make are for gifts and woodburned creations are my number one loved gift (or so I have heard). This was one of my first signs that I made as a wedding gift. The couple was married on the lake and from the area, but moved down south, so as a reminder that home was never too far, I created this 'indian-like' font (Lake Winni is a Native American name) and map quested the distance. 


Urban Wedding/Army Gift 2011
Woodburning is something that I was introduced to in high school during an abstract art class where we were encouraged to use 'different' mediums for our work .Say goodbye to paint and paper. I feel in love with it. The smell of the wood as it is charred, the smoke in your eyes that stings all day, the little or sometimes BIG burns that you get and the way your hair smells until you shower....ohh yeah I LOVE IT! Its rough and tough but its still artsy and definitely crafty.

Family Christmas Gifts 2011

As you can see from my pictures I tend to make signs. I have already said I am not the best artist, so for now I stick to words (mostly). It has almost become tradition to make a sign as my wedding gifts and a few of them are posted here. I also made all of my Christmas gifts this year (as I always do) and gave my brother-in-laws and a few others signs. 
Morley/Achorn Wedding Gift 2011


I hope that you enjoy my pictures and maybe find your own spark in woodburning!!!
Eat, Craft, and Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment