Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Homage to Martha

Assortment of my Martha's*
Oh craft blog, how I love thee. I have been away from you for a few days now and I have longed to get back into the swing of things. With that out of the way, I once again began traveling through the endless hoardings that is my home looking for a new idea to inform the world about. Then I saw 'it'. It has taken years to compile (literally years). It has cost me endless amounts of money (all well spent!) It has been sorted into themes(holidays, babies, weddings). It has been referenced repeatedly (some more than others). It is my creative inspiration(a lot of the time). It is my collection of Martha Stewart Livings (the magazine).
Martha Baby Special Ed. 2000

Yes I may joke about hoarding but this is not hoarding. This is a library of crafting material (Ok I am a junior hoarder, so what!) Just as someone may keep encyclopedias or other useless materials (the internet has changed everything!) I choose to keep every single Martha that I have ever received (via mail or grocery store checkout). My question to the world is, why not? First off I have paid good money for them. Secondly I STILL use them, and lastly I like them. My first knitting instructional was in a Martha Stewart Baby Edition and I STILL HAVE IT! I have even let people borrow them for events, such as Thanksgiving table ideas, or wedding showers. So I would just like to raise my glass(purely a saying...) to the writers and fellow crafters that work for Martha. Without you I would not be the crafter I am today. Thank you for keeping the wheels in my little mind turning day after day with your well thought out and practiced 'good things'. You inspire me. End of story. 

*NOTE: For the record that is just a small assortment of my Martha's, believe me when I say there are tons more. I am a hoarder in the makings. 

Eat, Craft, and Read a Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment