Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wine? Yes please :-)

Front of Glass
Today's post is yet again related to my time spent at UVM. Being in Vermont just makes me happy so when it was time to leave (I still like to make return visits several times a year) I wanted to gather as much UVM/VT related items as I could. PROBLEM: I was and still am a poor college student(OK I graduated again in December, but I am still poor!) So how was I supposed to afford all of the many awesome commemorative things that I wanted? ANSWER: I couldn't afford them, so I will create them!

Back of Glass
Now that I had decided I would make UVM things, what would I make? The question didn't need to rattle around my brain for too long because the words "hand painted wine glasses" appeared almost instantly. Ben Franklin craft place(do not remember the actual name) provided me with all of the items I needed. Glass paint, some simple $2 paint brushes, and cheap HUGE wine glasses. Perfect! Then all I had to do was skip some classes and start crafting.

Both glasses finished
I free hand painted all of the work on the glasses. I was super surprised they even came out legible since I think I was drinking while making them!( Just looking at wine glasses made me thirsty apparently) I choose to use green and gold (UVM's colors, DUH) for all of the work and that was it. Wrote UVM, added some random design then glazed it over with the clear finish that came with the paint. Instant UVM memorabilia all for under $10. Take that campus store! This project can be modified to personalize with names, 'Mr' and 'Mrs.', other schools, places or just add a design. You can also change the glass type. Plain coffee mugs,  rocks glasses, anything! Quick go grab some cheep glass and begin personalizing!

Eat, Craft, and Drink Wine :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment